Find your local Christadelphians
|Christadelphian Hall||Sunday||Breaking of Bread||10:45 a.m.|
|Grosvenor Road||Sunday||Bible Talk||6:00 p.m.|
|Coventry||Sunday||Sunday School||4:15 p.m.|
|Thursday||Bible Class||8:00 p.m.|
|Website - http://www.coventrychristadelphians.org.uk|
Christadelphians have been meeting, and witnessing, in Coventry on a regular basis since 1895. The ecclesia first met in Spon Street. As numbers increased, the members moved to a larger room in Priory Street, and then in 1905 to the new Masonic Buildings in Little Park Street. By this time the ecclesia numbered sixty. Regular Bible talks were given which usually attracted a large amount of interest, and in the first twenty-five years of the Christadelphians being in Coventry, their numbers rose to over 200. The ecclesia moved to Wycombe Hall, Upper Well Street, in the early 1940s, by which time there were over 350 members.
Plans for the post-war reconstruction of Coventry meant that Wycombe Hall had to be demolished to make way for a new ring road. Consequently, a new meeting hall was built at Grosvenor Road, and sixty-two years after the Coventry ecclesia's inception it finally had its own hall. This opened in 1957, and it is still the meeting place for over 70 members. In the meantime, two more meetings opened up in Coventry - West and East Coventry Christadelphian ecclesias.
Our meeting room is located on Grosvenor Road, which is next to Junction 6 of the Coventry Ring Road in the centre of the city. We are also only two minutes' walk from the main central train station and the Central Six shopping centre.
|Contact Information - for any queries about Coventry-Grosvenor-Road Christadelphians|